Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MISSED SPRING

I feel like I have missed Spring! I get so busy this time of year it goes by before I know it. I try to walk around the garden each evening, but that is about it. My 'Dortman' rose is gorgeous, and the honeysuckle vine smells like heaven. My vine was given to me by a good friend. It was a start from her vine, which was a start from her Mother's vine. It takes some work to keep it from taking over the garden, but that smell is worth it.
I have planted all of the properties that we maintain with purple flowers for the 'America in Bloom' competition. This weekend I am having a sale to sell the plants that are left. I do this every year, some years having more to sell than others. I put an ad in the paper with the garage sales and usually sell most of what I have left. I hate giving up the day, and the ad cost me $30.00, but I usually do pretty well. I can still get some weeding done in the beds in between customers. So if any of you are going to be in the Lafayette area on Saturday, and need some purple flowers, stop in. They usually go pretty fast. Of course I always have people ask for something that I had last year, but I usually have different plants for sale each year.
I still want to post about my trip last Friday, but I am just to tired tonight. We took a landscape job in a small town about 45 minutes from Lafayette, and we were there today. We didn't get home until 9:30, so I am off to bed. I have to drive back there tomorrow to finish up, so it will probably be another long day. Maybe I will get to my post about the trip this weekend.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am afraid you hav inadverently pinched the published and copyrighted title of my books.......... but I do not mind if you acknowledge the fact . Maybe you have, but I haven't had time to check all your text. However I'm sure we can sort something out amicalbly please contact me (after you've googled Jane Mossendew) at probenoit16@live.com

Jane Mossendew