Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SHOPPING

Saturday my Sister and I spent the day running around to all of those places that you always want to go to, but just don't have the time. Our Husband's had left early in the morning for a swap meet in Louisville, something that neither of us were the least bit interested in. On our list was the Tuesday Morning store in West Lafayette. If you do not have one of these stores near you, you are missing out. Before we got one here, we would travel to Indy to shop there. They are filled with quality things, priced lower than what you would normally pay. I receive their ad in the mail, and this month there were a few things that looked interesting. The first thing that I saw when I walked in was the St. Francis statue. I already have a statue of St. Francis, but this one is holding a bowl with a bird on the edge. It will look great on my patio, so I just had to have it. Then I saw this little rabbit. Well, anyone that reads my blog knows of my dislike of anything "rabbitlike". These little varmints eat anything and everything that they get near, and do lots of damage, to my shrubs and perennials during the year.
This one looked very innocent though, and his mouth was welded shut, so I thought that he would be a safe addition to my garden.
The item that I actually went to the store for, and that was in their ad, was this garden basket. It folds flat when you are not using it, and then pops up when it's needed. It is large enough for hauling tools around, but I bought it for harvesting fruits and vegetables. At only $10.00, it was a bargain. I have been wanting to get something specifically for this task, and I think that this will do the trick.
So, I spent a great day with my Sister, and picked up a few things for my garden.
Now I just wish that Spring would hurry up and get here.

2 comments:

ourfriendben said...

Love your Saint Francis, vonlafin! I just saw a really stunning one in the latest Plow & Hearth catalogue and have been drooling over it ever since. It, too, was quite reasonably priced!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I think there is a Tuesday Morning less than a mile or two from me, but I've never been in there before. Maybe I should check it out? I really like some of your purchases!