Saturday, March 22, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

"Loving Father, may I embrace the cross of your Son as my only hope, my only help, and my only happiness."

I wish you all a Happy Easter!


I am adding a picture of the cake that I made for Easter. I saw it in a magazine, and decided to try it. It turned out great, with lots of comments, and nobody wanting to cut it. As I was finishing it on Saturday night, I ran out of peeps and had to send my husband and son on a "wild peep chase". They had to go to 4 or 5 stores before they found any. They said that they knew that they had better not come home without them. ;) The cake is made with two 9-inch round cakes, one on top of the other.
Iced with chocolate icing and the top layer covered with chocolate chips. Then, I put toothpicks into the peeps, and stuck them in the cake, all the way around the outside. This cake would be great at a summer luncheon or tea, but I am not sure that you can find the peeps that time of year.
Sorry, the picture did not turn out great, but you get the idea.

4 comments:

Lia said...

I wish you a Happy Easter!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Happy Easter to you as well...and I love the newspaper article. It is important to know that "normal" people blog as well as the Not-so-normals".

Hugs to you.

Sherry at the Zoo

Carol said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Down here in Indy, the sun came out for awhile this afternoon!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I hope you had a wonderful day today.
Can I have your autograph now that you're famous? Congratulations on making it in the paper.