Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I love this picture! Someone sent it to me in an email. If this snowman was in my yard, the rabbits would have crawled up the front of him and taken the carrot, not the deer.
Wow! I haven't been on for awhile. I can explain. I take on way to many projects in the winter, and then as Spring comes around, I panic in my effort to get them all done. The library project at my church is coming along, I have the room painted, ordered the furniture, and the carpet goes in next week. I also have about 100 of my books that I am donating to the library, entered into Librarything, after deleting them from my library.
We have three apartments on our property. People thought that we were crazy when we bought the place, but how often do you get the chance to have someone else make your house payment. The problem is that I have one apartment ready to rent, and one that just came open. I have not cleaned it yet, and of course when someone called about renting, they wanted the one that hadn't been cleaned yet. He needs it by the weekend, so I have been getting it ready this week. That is the part that I hate, but those monthly rent checks are sure nice.
I also spent last weekend taking my 10th grade Confirmation class to a retreat in Noblesville. It was a wonderful experience, but sleeping on a gym floor two nights in a row, and getting about 3 hours sleep each night, just about did me in. But it was worth it. There is nothing quit like watching teenagers "discover" Jesus.
We are also starting to gear up for the Spring season in our business. That means sending out letters to last years clients. That takes loads of time, and I dread it every year.
So, needless to say I have not had much time to think about gardening, or blogging. I am hoping that on Saturday I can get out into the greenhouse and get some planting done. Every year I get busy and don't get my tomatoes planted early. I intend to change that this year.

3 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

You were right here in Noblesville? That definitely caught my attention!
You certainly have been busy, makes me tired to even thinking about it.

Marc said...

That is a great picture. I wonder how they took it.

You sure have been busy but it is great that you do so much for the Kingdom - especially working with young people. It is so rewarding to see Christ working in their lives.

Hopefully you can slow down a bit and start thinking of the garden. I can hardly wait for Spring.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I love that picture! I think I've seen it on Christmas cards....

A fellow hoosier....loved you post on Lafayette!