Saturday, December 22, 2007

ORNAMENTS ON THE TREE

Carol at May Dreams Gardens, and some of the other blogger's that I visit have added photo's to their blog's, of garden themed ornaments that hang on their Christmas trees. I am amazed at how many different gardening ornaments are out there. I have seen very few that are the same. I am not sure that I have seen any of the ones that I have, on anybody else's tree.
I actually put up two trees every year. This started when my Son was small. He wanted a tree with multi-colored lights, but I had always used white lights. So, the large traditional tree holds all of the family oriented ornaments, and the smaller tree is covered with any religious, or more delicate ornaments. I enjoy both tree's, and have collected enough ornaments over the years, to cover each.
I actually have garden related ornaments on both trees. I will add my favorites here.















This ornament is one my teenage niece made when she was a little girl. It is a worm. I love it!



















An asparagus, believe it or not!

St. Fiacre wisdom.


I bought this one for my husband years ago from a specialty catalog.


Watermelon, Yum!!


















A glass carrot.


The garden of weeden, I'm sure we have all been there!



















A delicate ear of corn.


A beautiful glass rose.



















A brass oak leaf.

The so'mores marshmallow watering can man.

An herbal ornament.


A glass santa with a watering can.


The red hot pepper.


More St. Fiacre wisdom.


Gardening Angel, we all need one of those.


Another herbal ornament.


The apple core, not even turning brown yet.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Very pretty trees. I have the watermelon and carrot and an ear of corn. Mine is part of a set I bought years ago. Are yours part of a set?

I also have the St. Fiacre ornament, but I have it hanging year around from a cabinet knob in my sunroom.

That worm is too cute!

Merry Christmas,
Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Kylee said...

Oooh, I need to find that ear of corn one! I love seeing your ornaments. You have so many neat ones!