Saturday, August 18, 2007

DINNER TIME

This is a picture of what my husband does to perfectly good tomatoes. He slices them, coats them in a mixture of flour, parsley, and seasoned salt, and then he fries them. It looks like a mess to me, but he loves them. As soon as the tomato plants start producing, he cooks up skillet after skillet of these. So tonight, he cooked his tomatoes, and I picked fresh peppers, zucchini, and onions from the garden, and sauted them in butter. Yumm!!! Nothing better than picking vegetables straight from the garden to eat.
Another day without rain. We have cooled off a lot, and the plants seem to appreciate that, but we are supposed to be back into the 90's next week. The only good thing about this weather is that the weeds don't seem to be growing either. I just keep dead heading and fertilizing hoping that we will get some rain and when it cools off, the plants will take off and look good through the Fall.
I just can't get into doing anything else in the garden. I don't want to plant anything because then I have to keep it watered. I will just wait until September to plant the new plants that I picked up in Indy last weekend.


2 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I've had fried green tomatoes and love them, but I've never known anyone to eat fried ripe ones. It does sound good to me with the parsley, I think I would have to fry them and then broil them with a slice of mozzarella cheese.

Connie said...

Gotta love those homegrown veggies...one of the best things about summer!