Thursday, July 12, 2007

TOMATOES!!

I have about 20 tomato plants in my garden. I am not sure what possessed me to plant that many, except that the alternative was to throw out the ones that I was not going to use, and since I just couldn't do it, I planted them.
Then, on top of the plants that I grew myself, I was given 2 plants. I would not have taken them, but the lady that gave them to me, is an 85 year old women that I garden for every Friday morning. She was so proud of her plants, that I just could not refuse them.
Over the weekend, as I was struggling to get the tomato cages around tomato plants that should have had the cages around them weeks ago, I found my first ripening tomatoes! And guess which plants they were on. That's right, the ones that I got from my 85 year old friend.
They should be ready to eat by the weekend. She will be pleased to know that my first tomato of the season, will be from one of her plants.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hey, no fair. You are north of me, you shouldn't have a nice big ripe tomatoe before me! :-)

Colleen said...

Congrats on the first ripe tomato! And it's very sweet that you'll be able to tell your friend that her plants gave you the first tomato.

Connie said...

I'm so glad you accepted the kindness of your elderly friend by planting her tomatoes. Now you have your reward. :-)