Thursday, July 26, 2007

SCARECROW

The scarecrow comes out in the early summer to guard the herb garden. Not that he really does any good, today I saw a hawk sitting on top his head.
I have not been blogging much, we have been really busy, and with another gathering coming up next weekend, I don't have much time to spend on the computer. My husband turns 50 on the 6th of August, so on the 5th we will be celebrating with a large cookout for family and friends.
The other reason that I haven't been on much is financial. This week I found the perfect property for the herb farm that I have always dreamed of. As I am sure a lot of you know, sometimes opportunities come along at the wrong time in life, as this one did for me. I am not prepared financially at this time, for a purchase of this size. The man selling the property is ill, and needs to sell as soon as possible. I have been scrambling all week trying to find investors. Why does everything in life always have to come down to money? I have had this dream for years, but really didn't think that the place to do it existed in my area. But this property ends up being just a few miles from my home. I have always believed that all of us have a purpose, and I believe that mine is teaching people how to use herbs, how to garden again like our Grandparents did, and how to become healthy using these means instead of doctors and drugs. I have worked in this business for 30 years, and believe it is now time to share what I have learned with others.
I have to believe that if this is what God has planned for me to do, He will find a way.

5 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Ah - look at your thyme! More property sounds lovely - we actually have a family farm near your town that I dream of living at someday. Happy to have found your blog.

Carolyn gail said...

Blast that hawk, he doesn't have any respect !

My hopes and prayers are with you to find a way to make your dream of having an herb farm come true.

Carol said...

I hope this all works out for you! Keep us posted...

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Your garden is beautiful. I am very curious about using herbs and nutrition for health and healing. It has been an interest of mine for several years now and I love to read books on the subject. Applying what I read is another subject altogether.

I really hope this works out for you. I'd love to have a little land but the timing isn't quite right for us right now either.

Kylee said...

I turn 50 about six weeks after your husband! (Sept. 19)

I agree - seems like everything always hinges around money, or lack of it. Well, almost everything.

I will pray for you that this works out as you wish. I think it's a wonderful venture!