Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NEW SPRINKLER

My husband surprised me with a new sprinkler this week. As you can see by the lawn, I needed it. What I didn't expect was how much the birds have enjoyed it. Because it is so high off the ground, they can fly through it. I saw a few birds sitting in the grass waiting for it to go past, and then flying up into the spray. I am sure it feels very good to them, we have had so little rain.
My husband asked me the other day if I had noticed that it seemed like there were a lot more birds around than usual. I told him that yes, I had noticed and I could tell him why. I told him that we have 6 birdbaths, a fountain, and a small pond on our property, plus we have been running sprinklers almost every day. I am sure the birds have had a hard time finding a water source during this drought, so I think that is why so many have stayed around our property.

1 comment:

Robin said...

It looks like you have a beautiful property. I love your herb garden, even with the drought it looks very healthy. You must enjoy the birds as much as I do to have so many birdbaths. I was just thinking today of adding another one. I love to watch them. One day I'd love to have a larger property and have a wildlife habitat.