Sunday, June 3, 2007

IN BETWEEN THE RAIN DROPS

Well, we finally got some much needed rain....but sadly, not enough. It rained off and on all weekend, but just showers. I had to run the sprinklers the whole weekend, something that I have never done this early in the season. I still got a lot of work done, but had to be ready to pack everything up and run for cover quickly, which I did several times.
Worked a little this weekend in the herb garden. The scent of the chamomile and the honeysuckle, made pulling weeds bearable.
My fence is also up. I wrote about that earlier in the year, (sorry, I don't know how to link to an earlier post). It hides most of the neighbors mess. I had not intended to put up a fence, but I just couldn't look at the garbage outside their back door any longer. When they remodeled their house, all of the old drywall, and miscellaneous junk went out the back door, where it has stayed for over a year. I didn't think that they were going to clean it up any time soon, so the fence was the only solution.
I also got my garden planted this weekend. I know
I should have had that done weeks ago, but I just kept putting it off. So, I got most of it planted, but finally got rained out Sunday evening.
The tomato's, beets, and zucchini are in. I will plant beans, peppers, carrot's, and whatever else I have room for, some evening this week.
The rabbit's are still driving me crazy. I planted some 'Lady in Red' salvia, Saturday evening, and by Sunday morning they had bitten the tops off of them. They don't bother to eat what they bite off, just leave it lay there for you to find. I had to reapply the pepper after the rain today, hopefully that will stop them. They have caught on to my traps, and seem to be avoiding them. I think that I hate rabbit's over all the other pests that attack my garden.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I feel the same way about rabbits. They drive me mad!