Sunday, May 20, 2007

ANOTHER WEEKEND

I wait all week for the weekend to come, and then it goes by to fast. I had so many things to get done, and even though I accomplished a lot, there is still so much more to do. My project this weekend was a large shrub bed that had to be redone because of a drain that was put in. This bed had to be done right away because I had removed a row of hosta from the front of the border, and they had been sitting in my garden cart for 3 weeks. They needed to be planted soon. So, I had no choice but to tackle this job before I started anything else. I worked both days, and got it all done. But, my vegetable garden, and my annuals are still sitting in their flats. I keep telling myself that it is still May, and I have plenty of time, but that is only going to work for one more week.
My second tree peony is blooming this week. This is the first time that it has bloomed, and it is a beautiful yellow. I enjoy these peony's much more than regular peony's. They don't have as many blooms, but the ones that they do have do not droop and end up on the ground after a rain. Not that we have to worry about rain. We got about a 1/4 of an inch last week, and nothing since then. The forecast was for rain tonight, but it skipped us. Everything is so dry, and the lawn is beginning to turn brown in some areas.
I had hoped to get some planting done after work this week, but I will probably have to spend my time watering.
Until next weekend...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Dry here as well. I have all my containers and annuals planted, but still need to plant the vegetable garden. Yes, it is still May!

Leslie said...

I know just what you mean...I sometimes think I have one little job that must get done on the weekend and on Sunday afternoon I'm running around trying to do it having been sidetracked by any number of things all weekend. At least we enjoy ourselves!

Kylee said...

LOVE that yellow tree peony!!

We're so dry here, too. :-( I'm already tired of watering, and I love to water.

I don't work away from home very much, so every day for me is like you describe. I plan to do this and that in a day, and I get sidetracked and I never get all done that I planned!