Sunday, March 11, 2007

SPRING CLEANING

Well, I headed out at about 1:00 this afternoon to spend the day in the garden. The mistake that I made was opening the shed door. What a nightmare!! So, in order to get to my potting bench, to get my seeds started, I was going to have to spend some time in the shed. So I emptied all of the pots of soil that held live plants last year, cleaned out all of the mouse nests that I could find, got all of my hand tools organized, and everything put back into it's place.
Next, I decided to check on the greenhouse. Second mistake!! I had overwintered a bunch of hosta and other perennials in there, and they needed to be moved outside, so they didn't get the idea that it as May, and they could take off.
So, needless to say, I didn't get into the garden to do any work.
But it sure does feel good to have the shed cleaned out, and the greenhouse ready to go. As soon as I get my seeds sprouted, they will have a nice warm place to grow.
Maybe next weekend I will make it into the garden. I will keep my finger's crossed that this weather holds.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I get distracted like that, too. One clean up chores leads to another, doesn't it?